Palm Beach Geek is committed to keeping our environment clean from electronic waste, or E-Waste. Last year alone, Palm Beach Geek responsibly recycled over 1000 pounds of E-Waste including desktops, laptops, CRT monitors, VCRs, game consoles keyboards & mice, printers, scanners and servers.
If you have items you wish to recycle with Palm Beach Geek, you may call us anytime for free date/time for drop-off. There is no charge to you. If you have a large quantity of items to recycle, please call ahead so we may assist you.
Thank you for helping us maintain our goal of keeping the Palm Beach community clean!
Palm beach Geek’s Business Recycling Advantage
We offer local businesses and organizations recycling services at no charge! Other recyclers may charge you for pickup services, asset reporting, disposal and inventorying, at Palm Beach Geek we can offer these premium services at no charge for qualified businesses. For more information on our fast and free computer and electronics recycling services for your business, contact us today!
Acceptable materials appropriate for recycling
- Computers (Desktops & Laptops)
- Industrial Controls
- Printers (Ink or Toner)
- Computer Accessories (Mice, Keyboards, Webcams, Speakers, Microphones etc.)
- Computer Monitors (CRT, LCD, LED)
- Televisions (CRT, Projection, LCD, LED, Plasma)
- Copiers/Fax Machines
- Cell Phones & Chargers
- GPS Units
- Answering Machines
- MP3 Players
- Radios/Boomboxes/CD Players etc.
- Storage Devices (External Hard Drives, Solid State Drives, SD Cards, Memory Cards, Card Readers, etc.)
- Audio Equipment (Speakers, Microphones, DJ Equipment, Receivers, Recording Devices, Headphones, etc.)
- Video Equipment (Cameras, Video Cameras, Web Cams, Recording Devices, etc.)
- Communications Equipment
- Laboratory Equipment
- Circuit Boards
- Cables, Wires, Power Cords, Power Strips
- Anything else with a circuit board or a cord!
Nonacceptable Materials appropriate for recycling
- Medical Testing Equipment
- Most home appliances (no refrigerators)
- Rechargeable Dry Cell Batteries (Nickel Cadmium – NiCad, Nickel Metal Hydride – NiMH, Lithium Ion – Li-ion)
- Devices containing liquid MERCURY (thermostats, switches, medical devices, thermometers)
- Freon Containing Devices/Materials (Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, De-Humidifiers)
- Household Hazardous Waste Materials
- Materials Containing Liquids
- Yard Equipment
- Gas Powered Equipment
- Items Leaking Fluid
- Radioactive Materials
- PCB Containing Materials*
- Large Appliances (Stoves, Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers)
- Dry Cell Batteries (Absolyte, Alkaline, Mercury, Zinc Air With Mercury, Lithium Primary, Lithium Thionyl Chloride, Button Cells, Lead Acid Gel)
- Wet Cell Batteries (Zinc Air, Zinc Air With Mercury, Nickel Iron, Nickel Cadmium)
- CD’s, DVD’s, VHS Tapes, Cassette Tapes